Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a GSM modem for personal use

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryBoy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wish to use a mobile phone to switch on things, I have searched this forum and read that I need a GSM modem. Is this correct? Can anyone offer any suggestions as to which ones I should buy?

Thanks for your help.

Harry

Re: GSM Modem

No it doesn't matter. You can use a mobile, you can also use a Landline telephone. GSM modem can handle voice/data/fax. It depends on you, for what purpose you want to use GSM modem.

Re: GSM Modem

I wish to send a text to a device which then can do things such as turn things on/off etc. I do not whant to have a complete mobile phone attached to the side of anything I build. Is there any GSM device you can recommend?
I do not want to use the landline phone as I want to build a device which is standalone.

Thanks for your help.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back