Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a GPRS module to use with PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
gm862 vb source code

I want to Data from PIC I/O card to remote server via GPRS (siemens mc35 i) And Recevie data form Server
TCP or UDP connection?

gprs settings siemens tc65

TCP = you are sure all your data is received
UDP= you are not sure all data is received

pic on gprs

TCP protocol is designed for reliability. It has several states (closed, open, listen). Several packets are sent in both ways in order to change the state. After a connection is established, for every data packet sent in one way, there is an acknowledge packet sent back. This is used to control the reliability of the transmission. If one side does not receive an acknowledge for a packet (packet was lost), it will retransmit it after a time. However, this has its costs, the traffic will be increased with the control data.
On the other side the UDP protocol is designed for speed. There are no connection states, and a packet is sent without expecting any kind of confirmation. The packet may or may not arrive at the destination, and the sender has no way to be aware of this. This is appropriate for data where you can afford some losses (ex. video streaming).

/pisoiu

gprs/umts module pic

Thx I used TCP connection with IConnector..

telit communications tcp

Hello all,

I want to work on GPRS based telemetery system where i can monitior the remote data on internet. From these above posts i have brief overview that how to send data using tcpip stack of gprs module to a specified port. But i dont know how to receive this data on internet using pc. If any one can add this to something then thanks for advance.

regards

gsm 862 with pic

For PC side, you have to write an application using socket communications. Fortunately, a lot of languages provide a socket interface to send receive data via TCP /IP. And there are a lot of examples out there that do that.

mc56,socket,tcp,example

Thank you techie..

If you know the source code or articles on how to do this all on pc side then i can help me lot to start it. Thanks in advance..

regards

pic24 gprs

Which PC language / platform do you intend to use.

gsm862 apn

techie said:
Which PC language / platform do you intend to use.

I want to use Visual Basic 6.0

regards

cipstart implementation

It is quite easy in VB6. Many working examples out there. For an intro, have a look at the following. For additional, seatch for "VB6 sockets"

**broken link removed**

gprs module interface pic

Thanks a lot..

One more questions. Actually I am intended to work on Automatic Meter Reading System. I know it is off the topic question but can you suggest me the most cost effective communication mode and model for this application.

My idea is to attach GPRS module with each Energy meter to get its reading on server but i have as i dissucsed it .. THis is not going to be costeffctive solution.
Do you have any ideas about this topic too..

regards

gm862 pic18

GPRS is the thing being used these days. Power Line carriers have been used in the past. GPRS is preferrable since there is no cost of wiring. Yes the module is a little expensive ($30-40 in qty) but the prices are coming down.

Re: pic gprs

Hi
I am having SIM305 modem.I am now working on project based on GPRS. I have to send some data to a server through this modem. I am new in this field. can any one please help me to have a start up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back