Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a circuit for RS232 to USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

saman1980

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could you please help me find circuit for rs232 to usb?I should do this for my project

Thank you

usb to rs232 latency

Which way around?

If you want to connect an RS232 peripheral to a computer with USB ports then that is easy, search this forum, you can buy a USB uart chip, connect wires and load the driver from the manufacturer. There are lots of threads about this.

If you want to connect a USB peripheral to a computer with RS232 then that is a very hard project. RS232 is much slower then USB so it could only be done for low bandwidth devices like a keyboard or a mouse. You will have to have build a device which acts as a USB host and talks to the PC using serial. You will need to write a low level driver that interfaces with the windows USB stack. You may have problems with latency due to protocol overhead and buffering on the serial.

rs232 to usb sparkfun

I should build the interface! This is RS232 to usb convertor

circuit for rs232 to usb convertor

Hi,
As mentioned the converter needs to be specified in a certain direction either PC-RS232 to USB or PC-USB to RS232. The latter case is much more simple and I suppose is something similar than the devices used to provide notebooks with RS232 ports. In that case the chips from FDTI or even a PIC18F with USB can do the trick.

If the conversion is to reduce USB to RS232 interface it seems a little stupid to go in reverse in terms of technological development? But as metioned for low speed and/or low bandwith applications this can be done,

Cheers
Slayer

Re: rs232 to usb

if you can use uC, you should use PIC18F2550, it very easy and have got a lot of modun (A/D, . . . .)
good luck for U !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back