Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest me a book to start learning DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Book suggest

Understanding Digital Signal Processing, Second Edition
by Richard G. Lyons

Book suggest

surprising to c many mixed reponses .. even i hav to work on dsp ...finally what are prefered books for matlab n dsp :)

Re: Book suggest

"Mixed-Signal And DSP Design Techniques" can be helpfull.

Book suggest

Personally I feel, if you have to go about understanding the nuances of DSP, you have to have a very clear understanding of the basics of Linear Algebra and Complex Analysis. So, if I were you, I would start with "Signals and Systems" by either Oppenheim or Haykins (Both are almost the same) with a book on linear algebra, the best one i found is this "Matrix analysis and applied linear algebra" by carl d. meyers Siam press (available in EDAboard) and Visual complex analysis by Needam (i have it in pdf format scanned if u need it).

Then, for solving problems, proakis DSP is good. For understanding, i would prefer "Understanding digital signal processing:" by Richard G Lyons.

good luck,
cedance.

Friend,

"Oppenheium & willesky is the right book for the biginners.

Thanks

I think 'Signal Processing' by B. P. Lathi is a very good text book that starts from the basics of signals and makes a smooth transition from analog to digital signal processing. All the necessary fundamentals of DSP are explained in an understandable and intuitive manner.

Book suggest

1-'Signal Processing' by B. P. Lathi
2-Oppenheium & willesky
3-DSP A Computer Based Approach
4-Digital Signal Processing" from proakis

Book suggest

Hi,

B.P.Lathi is best book for biginners

Book suggest

REFER VALLAVRAJ FOR DSP. THE BEST BOOK.
2. RAMESH BABU IS ALSO GOOD.

proakis is good for beginners.....
mitra is abit hi-fi type.....

Book suggest

i would like to thank you all for giving a very good links to reference books on dsp, i got very good info from these links

Book suggest

lathi is good book to learn all communication principle

vishalvartak said:
Proakis is the best book
Please give details. What's the title of this book?

Book suggest

Check one of the recent discussions on;

Book suggest

discrete time signal processing by openhaim

DSP a computer based approach by S K Mitra ...better book than proakis. Followed in most of the Indian Institutes of Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back