Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggest Low cost ARM Development board ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroM

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Suggest low cost ARM development board with

1) UART interface.
2) SD/microSD card interface.
3) I2C interface.
4) SPI interface.

more features can be appreciated.

You can purchase from E-bay some (chinese) options from NXP based on LPC1768 ARM Cortex-M3 starting from U$ 40, including LCD display.

+++

Last edited:

For 40 dollars, I prefer this one :

**broken link removed**

+++

My suggestion is to buy it from ARM distributor from india and i think that he is in chennai.
because you will get every thing u needed in programming some of third party vendors not giving ULINK2 like tools which is useful in real time debugging.

regards

This is not a relevant point.
I´m even on Americas, so far for from where this kit were manufactured, and on Web I can take what informations and support I need.

+++

yes you are right but what i want to talk to you this dev. board distributor in india not manufacturer and i would like to suggest take it from any where but if you purchased from ARM developer you will get much more.

embpic,

A development kit with similar features from ARM brand, he can purchase for about U$ 320,00 ( 8x more than above suggested ).
In fact, he will take a much better support if compared with this chinese manufacturer, obviously focused on production, not support.

Anyway, the choice belong to him, due perhaps he already have some previous technical knowledge enough to allow him to decide abdicate this service.

+++

k i have very cheap solution for you.
Try from NEX-ROBOTICS suite your conditions.

regards

anything below $60 with maximum features.

STM32-E407
Development board for STM32F407ZGT6 CORTEX-M4 microcontroller with Ethernet, USB host, USB-OTG
https://www.olimex.com/Products/ARM/ST/STM32-E407/

STM32-E407-01.jpg

Best regards,
Peter

anything below $60 with maximum features.

You can purchase PC-like ARM Cortex-A8 based development kits ranging from U$49 up to U$59 ( Cubieboard, pcDuino, etc... ).
These boards provide high level capabilityes, such as Linux support, and HDMI/VGA output ( I installed QT compiler inside ! )
cubieboard_top.jpg

**broken link removed**

Or if you prefer, keep as simple as possible with U$40 kit bellow :
2.jpg

+++

how about beaglebone black...

just a suggestion as I am using one myself now..

how about beaglebone black...

Seems U$ 89 of Beaglebone to be almost twice the price of Cubieboard.

I could not see at Beaglebone´s specifications if it have NAND flash, hadn´t ? ( CubieBoard-->4GB / pcDuino-->2GB )
Another point is that Beaglebone have only 256MB DDR2 against 1GB provided from Cubieboard.

+++

I can´t see the price of that Blueboard to compare.
Other significant point you must consider, is if the one you intend to acquire have an enougthly popular forum.

+++

if you are at starting point my opinion is try by using arm7 that is lpc2148 processor. Then try for cortex and so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back