Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

suggest Books for following topics

Status
Not open for further replies.

INS-ANI

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends...
I am just starting off in VLSI and would request you to suggest good books to read following topics:

1) Semiconductor technology

2) Digital IC Design

3) SoPC design

4) HDL Modeling

5) PCB design

6) Circuits and system design

Also, before i start off, what basic topics should i revise?

Hi Friends how are you Everybody.
My name is NareshNaidu Bangi i finished my B.Tec (ECE)in 2006 with 56.15%by JNTU.I Did Advance Diploma In BusinessManagement in Australia.I would like to establish my carrier in VLSI filed so how long it will take to me and what shoulf i have to do know.Especially i have intrested in hard ware Designing so kindly asses me guys i am waiting for yours vailble suggestions to me
Thanks
kindly Regards
NareshNaidu Bangi.............

Just a clarification: I just need d names of the book so that i can book them in my library.. i have absolutely no other intentions :)

Hi,
Attaching some which I know, may be better books are available. Comments are welconme.

1. Digital Integrated Circuits, by Jan M Rabay
2. Digital Design: Principles and Practices by John F. Wakerly
3. A Verilog HDL Primer, by J. Bhasker
4. HDL Chip Design : A Practical guide for Designing, Synthesizing and Simulating ASICs and FPGAs using VHDL or Verilog
by Douglas J. Smith
5. Digital Logic Circuit Analysis and Design by Victor P. Nelson, With J. David Irwin, With Troy H. Nagle
6. SOPC Edition. Rapid Prototyping of Digital Systems by James O. Hamblen
7. PCB Design for Real-World EMI Control, Bruce Archambeult
8. Complete PCB Design using Orcad Capture and Layout, by Kraig Mitzner

-Paul

INS-ANI

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks Paulki.

which one of the above you suggest for Semiconductor technology?

For semiconductor technology.

Following are the must have in library. ( considered as a bible in the field)

Silicon Processing for the VLSI Era, Vol. 1: Process Technology by Stanley Wolf

Silicon Processing for the VLSI Era, Vol. 4: Deep-Submicron Process Technology by Stanley Wolf

Silicon Processing for the VLSI Era, Vol. 3: The Submicron MOSFET by Stanley Wolf

Silicon Processing for the VLSI Era, Vol. 2: Process Integration by Stanley Wolf

Also there is a vol : 5 which is very useful for the beginners.

To questions 2 and 6: The best book you will find on this is actually online:**broken link removed**. And it's free. All the circuits there are interactive and fun to play with. And the text is way better than a typical textbook.

Thanks.. the source is really informative!! Its the best interactive page i have seen for digital.. :)

Hey frnds..!!...My professor asked us to read Digital Integrated Circuits by William Samson...Is there any book like that ? Or am I pronouncing the author's name wrong ? Can anyone post the Amazon link for that ?

Thanks,
Tink.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back