Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

substrate modes/surface waves in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

oby

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I am working on cpw and microstrip lines with HFSS.

I am tryimg to visualize the losses I can have along my transmission line in the form of surface waves.

I better explain, I know that along my transmission line, because of a thick substrate, I lose some power in the substrate (GaAs).

Defining multi-mode ports does not help since it gives me just the cut-off frequencies of the possible propagation modes from the ports. I already checked my propagation constant, and they are out of band.

But I still lose power along the transmission line, this has been double checked from a proper measurement on a real chip.

I am sure that there are some modes excited along the structure as evanescent....and some surface mode generation.

Have you got any idea opn how to identify and visualize them??

I hope there is someone out there who can enlight me.

best regards

oby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back