Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Substitute for cep83a3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motoshan

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
first of all im not at all an experienced electronics engineer..

hi all... i had a nice firework just before posting this thread :-D...

By googling i found that cep83a3 is an N-Channel Enhancement Mode Field Effect Transistor.

Again by Googling i found that cep50no6 is also N-Channel Enhancement Mode Field Effect Transistor.

so i replaced 83a3 with 50no6.

these components were from my two old UPS'. i was trying to make it working. because i saw 83a3 burned. so i replaced.after replacement when i switched on(no AC connected). the UPS powered up and suddenly switched-off.hence i thought that it might be because of low battery. then i connected AC power... :razz: ... fireworks fireworks... the one i changed cracked again and another one nearby also cracked.. with burned board print..

isnt this a substitute for the one i had mentioned? if not how can i find one:thinker:.

Last edited:

Hi,

First of all the replacement transistor you tried is not right to replace the first transistor.

Second, if the transistor blew up again, you probably have something blown in previous stage.

Good work

Hi,

First of all the replacement transistor you tried is not right to replace the first transistor.

Second, if the transistor blew up again, you probably have something blown in previous stage.

Good work

let search for the exact transistor.. not a substitute. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.