Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strongest adhesive/ glue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ants

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking for some adhesive to glue a ceramic piezo to stainless steel. I've tried various superglues but the bond is quite weak. Can someone recommend a good type?

Thanks,

Ant.

Stainless steel is always difficult to adhere to, you have to roughen the surface, then degrease it and then an instant "super" glue may work ..
You can also try 24h araldite, but, again, roughening the surface and degreasing it is the key ..

IanP

Ultrasonic power transducers, unless screw mounted, are mostly bonded by epoxy resin (araldite).

Thank you both. The stainless steel is very shiny and polished, I will roughen it up and clean it and then use araldite.

Regards,

Ant.

Thank you both. The stainless steel is very shiny and polished, I will roughen it up and clean it and then use araldite.
Regards, Ant.
Any bonding material bond well only in case the surface is not moving. But in your case of ultrasonic cleaning aparatus, the Piezo will be working at a high frequency which will eventually loosen the bond between the two. The premanent solution is as described by "FvM" in his post above. Cheers

I seem to remember that "slow" epoxy is better than the quick stuff for bonding them. Also, make sure you degrease well. I have had good results that way at around 50W.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.