Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

strengthening the keyboard line

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitallan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
i want to make keyboard cable 10m.
how can i strengthen the signal ?
Does anybody have information about how to design this . any article, hint or design will be gratefully .

thanks.

I don't think you'll need to amplify
the signal if you use _good quality_
shielded cable. I've gone up to 50 feet
in the past with no problems. Of course
your mileage may vary and not all PC's
are built the same.

Kal

but i really need this circuit becuse i used the good quality shielded cable. if you have any information about amplifing signal and also i connect to cable(10m) my mouse is locking if you know why should be
you will be gladden me.

Ok... Let's see..

First of all power your mouse or keyboard from another power supply independent from the micro and that alone might solve you problem. If not you will have to put some open collector drivers on the output from the Keyb. or mouse and you can try a cmos schimtt trigger on the input but even that might not solve the problem and you will have to put a buffer on the pc side also. Better try out a heavier cable with bigger wires and better shielding.

Best regards,
Alexg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back