Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strange Problem ...? TV Tuner !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed osama

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

i have a tv tuner in my PC while morning all channels works so fine but at night one channel go so noisy asif no channel is here , it is antenna not cable TV

so what u guess the reason for that !!!!!

Thanks

Hi

is it problem with only this tuner in Yor location?

Hello there,

this looks like an interference problem. Try shorting the RF input connector (disconnect antenna first). Then the tuner should only generate noise like another "empty" channel. Then insert a short piece of wire in the RF input; if there is an interfering signal in the particular channel, you would see slant black/white lines on the screen.
If so, there is an interfering source around. You will have to use a modified portable TV receiver or an amateur radio receiver capable to indicate signal strength at the particular canal frequency, and a dipole cut to that wavelength.

You may be surprised, even some of your own equipment can generate such interference, or your neighbors'.

another option is to have a regular tv side by side.

check the reception of the same channel on the regular tv at the problematic time.

then you can find the source of the problem.

srizbf said:
another option is to have a regular tv side by side.

check the reception of the same channel on the regular tv at the problematic time.

then you can find the source of the problem.

and also what wasnt said above swap the antenna between the 2 tuners
to confirm that there isnt an intermittant antenna or tuner fault.

could be all sorts of weird things . I have seen in my TV and other RF install work similar things and discovered that one of the neighbours started bringing home his big truck and trailer. He left early in the mornings and the reception fault wasnt there once he arrived home in the evenings presto the crappy reception returned

All Im getting at is "think outside the box" for something like you descibe where the difference in reception is there and gone at the same times every day look around your neighbourhood for possible causes.

cheers
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.