Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strange Crystal Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circuit_seller

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have a 20.945MHz SMD crystal oscillator which i can not cause it to oscilate.
I used useual configuration 1 = OE, 2 = GND, 3 = OUT, 4 = VCC.
Is ther any configuratin which i can use?
I have used amper meter to control the current, and i am sure that the part is not buried.

Regards

That sounds like a standard pinout. Try to read the part number and determine the correct VCC - typically 3.3V or 5V. Try pulling the OE pin both high and low.

Circuit_seller
If you say that you know that the part is not burned. Then you may have scrapped it from a board. If thats the case, check the pcb of the working board to see how it is connected or if possible measure vcc and other signals like OE.
good luck
K

**broken link removed**

Is this similar idea ???

The OE pin is normally low to inhibit and high/open to allow correct operation.

Pad assignments are usually bottom view also ;) so might seem stupid thing to suggest, but you did know this right? and select correct pins and not got 1,4 and 2,3 reversed?

Just having brain storm as it is not a hard thing to get running and usually only silly thing like this would stop it working (or its is really broken :( ).

:F

Hi

Thanks alot for your freindly replies.
I have checked all pin configurations and found that 2 pins are connected to eachother directly. I have guessed maybe this part is a crystal filter. I have checked its frequency response and found that this part is a "Crystal Filter" not a "Crystal Oscillator".
Unfortunately the buyer made a mistake and gave me the crystal filter as crystal oscillator.

Regards

hehe

Always a more simple answer for any complex or strange problem ;)

:F

I think you can change one new oscillator, and try it again!

Normally, the OE pin float or pull up to VCC with a resistor, take care of the oscillator's VCC, make it clearly!

Make sure the loading capacitor is suitable for this oscillator. Any imporper shut capacitors will make the oscillator unoscillate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back