Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strain Gages output calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghattasak

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys,

i have the following sensor a general purpose strain gages from Vishay; EA-06-125BT-120/LE

but I do not understand how the sensor operates, does it outputs a specific voltage level dependent on the measured temperature ? or vibration?

and as for the output pins it is stated on the box "calculation of thermal output for strain gages" therefore does it matter which pin is the + or - and is it considered as a thermo couple ?

guide read: https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/textbook/direct-current/chpt-9/strain-gauges/

the formula placed on box is a polynomial expression: A0+A1*T^1+A2*T^2+A3*T^3+A4*T^4 where aN are the coefficients and T^N is the temperature, how are aN measured

In order to correctly aquire valid data from the sensors what will be my signal conditioning requirements and how is the output voltage read ?

"I have downloaded the pointed material TN-506 sensor document and the box contains a graph chart but no voltage output table, and as I read from previous posts the sensors need to be connected to bridges (half or full) not directly is it correct?"

Thank you in advance much appreciated

Last edited:

The Allaboutcircuits tutorial suggests a wheatstone bridge. Here is a typical setup using an op amp. Notice the arrangement resembles a wheatstone bridge.

This should allow testing and experimentation. Later you can figure out how a temperature sensor should influence readings. Perhaps it will be possible to devise a circuit that yields readings which correspond to the polynomial expression.

Hi,

It is not clear to me... do you want to measure temperature or mechanical values?

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back