Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stopwatch using 8051 family controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmos

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody

i am making a project to measure the velocity of the fist and leg hit for Karatee and i need a stopwatch program in assembly to give me the time of the hit i will count number of pulses and this will give me distance and then using the stopwatch i will know the duration of the hit then get the velocity v=x/t. can some one tell me how to do the stopwatch.
i made a clock before but how can i use this program as a stopwatch while counting the pulses?

c u
bye
emmos

hey
i am also making a stop clock the used by chess players,even i need help in it.

bye
gaurav

The question you asked is not quiet clear......if you have made a program for clock than stop watch will not be a problem. Use timer interrupt for generating time (second etc) and if you also need to count pulses, use polling sequence.....

Salam,

If you did clock,It's easy to modify it to stopwatch First add Four buttons for your hardware (one for SET\RUN mode, one for CHOOSE (second, hours or minutes), one for INC and the last for DEC).

Then update your code with this hardware modification.

SphinX

salam
I did my project thank allah but in another way not like the clock i made but with mode 2 (auto-reload) and set TL1 = 06h (0.25msec) (i had a stupid mistake) but its working now. i just want to increase the precession.
i can help u if u want Sphinx.
tell me ur project.
salam
emmos

Status
Not open for further replies.