Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stm32f103 HD44780 LCD library "No HAL"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgavionics

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm getting started with STM32 MCU's using Keil uvision (CSMIS). I'm looking for a 44780 library, but all I can find online are using HAL, which I'm not a big fan of. Does someone know where can I find one using CMSIS?
THank you in advance

Write your own - the 44780 protocol is either SPI, I2C or GPIO (4 or 8 bit) depending on who uses the chip in a product, but any of those low level protocols is straight forward to use. The instructions to drive the 44780 are well documented and also fairly easy to code up.
Susan

Write your own - the 44780 protocol is either SPI, I2C or GPIO (4 or 8 bit) depending on who uses the chip in a product, but any of those low level protocols is straight forward to use. The instructions to drive the 44780 are well documented and also fairly easy to code up.
Susan
I started writing my own using 4 bit addressing, after writing this post! Thanks for your suggestions, anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back