Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

STM32- F103 model I2C different result in Debugger vs Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

farrokhiyan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

I'm working on data exchange between my stm32-F103 and atmel AT24C02 serial EEPROM on my starter board. I have did the programming based on I2C peripheral and DMA. the pull ups are 4.7 k. when I debug the program the result is fine and the data inside the EEPROM come out but when I exit from debug mode and run the micro normally the answer is disappointing. The program loops in checking the event I2C_EVENT_MASTER_RECEIVER_MODE_SELECTED. the DMA TC flag doesn't set. I put some delays but it had no effect. I've read in a forum that the problem is the pull ups. Is 4.7k low? What is the difference between debug and run? What may cause this?

try to build and compile your code as release rather then debug and pull up might be issue and try to change your pull up.

Without code it is hard to say something. What is a point of using DMA? It is a very small size eeprom. If you don't want to use RTOS, best way is to use interrupt transmition, if multitasking needed. If not, pooling, sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.