Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Stepping down voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerebral222

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm more into engineering and know very little about electronics, but at the moment i'm trying to create an electric generator and need to know how much volage is required in order to step down to 240 vac, and the best way to filter spikes; do I need twice that amount (480 vac), or would 300 vac be enough?, I don't know how it all works and any info on this would help. Thanks.

If you need 240Vac you can generate 240Vac ..
For “local” load there is no need to generate higher voltage and then step it down ..

IanP
:wink:

If you need 240Vac you can generate 240Vac ..
For “local” load there is no need to generate higher voltage and then step it down ..

IanP
:wink:
Thanks IanP, that answer clears up alot for me. I understand that for the guys in the know, it's easy to understand these things, but for those who don't know its good to see that forums like this and people like you are willing to help people like me, Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.