Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor running slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

raman00084

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im using a unipolar stepper motor. the maximum rpm i can get is around 200. if i increase my pulse frequency at a particular stage motor gets hummed pls help. it is possible to run stepper motor in the range of 1000 rpm?

Sounds like you've got either a resonance problem, or an excessive load. Without more information, there's nothing more to say.

Hi Raman,

Could you please tell me what type of Stepper Motor Drive are you using? for example
1. Simple Drive Based on Darlington Transistors running at 5V or 12V
2. A chopper Drive with Current Limit running at 24V or so.

At higher RPM stepper motors loos torque and miss steps or don't rotate at all. To address this issue, the current controlled chopper drives run these stepper motors at high voltages, but keep the current constant. So basically the chopper drive increases voltage accross stepper winding when stepper motor is running at high RPM. At high RPM stepper motor current reduces.

You may use L297 + L298 based stepper chopper drive.
Please have a look at the following link:

https://pranjalchaubey.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/chopper-drive/

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back