Stepper driver without using micros

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello in your circuit.there is a need to give input to D0,D1,which need a multivibrator or signal generator. so i think the best choice is microcontroller

yes , but my intention was to collect the information of the drivers which doesn't use micros , if everyone adds one or two then , it will be a big collection of such circuits

That schematic is for a unipolar stepper driver (5 wires) powering two coils at each cycle(Full-step), that gives more power but less speed. To make something to run a stepper driver without a uC, you will need some gates and flip-flops too, and ofc some source of clock, like a multivibrator (555).
I would suggest starting with a 2 bits counter( two T or JK flip-flops can do that, and some ICs have two per package) and then make a truth table with the counter as the input signals, and the four transistor drivers as the output signal, with that, a couple of ANDs and NOTs can make the circuit. What kind of step you will use, is up to you to choose... (wave, full or half-step)

Here is a simple chematic for controlling bipolar steppers. It has two inputs:
  • Clock: Move one step for each clock cycle
  • The other one is direction control.

In adition to this circuit, you also need:
  • H bridge to feed current to it
  • A oscillator (VCO) that can start with low frequensis.

Attachments

• counterEncoder1b.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: varunme

varunme

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Reactions: varunme

varunme

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…