Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Steady State Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeLikeMike

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone help me with the steady state analysis of this DC-DC converter? I want to propose an equation for the voltage conversion ratio of this converter in terms of the duty cycle.

Attachments

• Hybrid.jpeg
    Hybrid.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 86

As you might know, the first step is to build the state matrices A, B, C, D, which is missing from your post. By the way, it would be recommended that you adopt the standard symbology in circuit design, in which connecting lines have a 'dot' symbol indicating that are on the same net. Anyway, the fact that there is a diode in the circuit, this lead to assumption that would behave as non-linear, and the methodology perhaps is a little different, anyway, the basics showing what you have done so far is missing, as said.

I was able to identify two equivalent states in CCM based on the charging and discharging of the components.

Attachments

• Equivalent1 -BW.jpg
    Equivalent1 -BW.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Equivalent2-BW.jpg
    Equivalent2-BW.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 75

Voltage multipliers (most of them) make use of one or more charge pump capacitors. The cap charges in one direction through a diode during one half of the cycle, then discharges through a different diode during the other half of the cycle.

Your circuit has more than one stage. With light load there is a maximum output voltage it can reach. As you increase load, it draws more current, forcing the circuit to draw increased current in turn.

The overall effect is to cause output voltage to droop. If your capacitors have high enough Farad value they tend to hold their charge voltage, whereas meager cap values go through voltage swings, with the result that output voltage droops even more.

I guess your experiments shall look at the part played by switching frequency and duty cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back