Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Starting with Miro Chip PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradigm

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All Expert,

I am thinking of programming a PIC MCU for my application as it uses 3V supply which can be power up with 2xAAA batteries. I am using Keil C programmer as it was supplied by my lab and therefore would like to know any user of PIC had already written the assoicated SFR in a <PIC.h> file. Is it possible to provide me with this file as I am totally new to PIC. Should you have a simple interrupt enabled routine and go_to_sleep routine, it will be great if you can share.

My application need to be low power during sleep and will only wake up through external interrupt. I need 4 external interrupts and a RS232 serial communication for my PIC and DIL package is preferred. Anyone had any recommendation on the model number to use?

Thanks a lot for all your advise. Have a good day ahead.

i think normally pic programmers needed 4-5volts for operation which pic you are using?

I am thinking of programming a PIC MCU for my application as it uses 3V supply which can be power up with 2xAAA batteries. I am using Keil C programmer as it was supplied by my lab and therefore would like to know any user of PIC had already written the assoicated SFR in a <PIC.h> file. Is it possible to provide me with this file as I am totally new to PIC. Should you have a simple interrupt enabled routine and go_to_sleep routine, it will be great if you can share.

Unfortunately, the KEIL IDE/Compilers do not support the Microchip PIC family.

You'll need to download a compatible IDE/Compiler.

One option is the IDE and compilers available on the Microchip website:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

As far as a programmer/debugger, I would suggest purchasing a PICkit or clone equivalent.

Of course there are designs for clones available if you are up to the task of building your own, however ready made clones are rather inexpensive.

My application need to be low power during sleep and will only wake up through external interrupt. I need 4 external interrupts and a RS232 serial communication for my PIC and DIL package is preferred. Anyone had any recommendation on the model number to use?

There are numerous PIC available which fulfill your requirements, however availability in your area can play a significant part in your choice.

I would consider any of the PIC16F or PIC18F which have a UART, many have at least four Interrupt-On-Change pins and most are available in a DIP package.

**broken link removed**

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.