mohsentalar

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I'm using protel dxp for PCB design.
I wanna know how to design coincident to IPC standards Exactly.
is there a plug in or template or somthig like that to import these rules to protel?
how do you call a design "STANDARD" and how prove it?
I know there is IPC2221,IPC2223,...etc. but i think they are complicate and also i dont know how import ALL things in protel and be assured.
Do i have to create and check them ONE by ONE or there is other way?
thanks.
sorry for language.

Where to begin...
The best option would be to do the IPC CID course...
The second best is get the standards and read them...
Then you will be able to gleam the pertinent parts...
Such as supported hole pad to hole ratio etc.
There are no hard and fast rules that you can just import I am afraid, each design is different, what the standards teach you is how to cater for manufacturing and assembly tolerances when setting up your design rules and track sizes, as well as information for high voltage clearance, current capacity (IPC-2152).
Look at the IPC C-1000 set of documents and you will realise there is a lot to learn and decipher.
So do some background research then ask more focused questions on points you have issues with.

first thank for respond
second do you advise any site for training and learning videos for these standards?
third is there any example files in the internet?

I will have a look around and see what's available, the trouble is the CID courses have to be paid for so limited free information, but there are other guides... Also the IPC specification have to be bought, though they are worth getting especially if your company will pay for them.
Have a look around some of these links, for now.

Attachments

• PCB related links.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 104
very very thank you
sorry for delay.
im looking for tutorials that show me how to design coincident to IPC standards and tell me reason of every details
you know, lets find how pro's getting start a project , how many layers do you need, how arrange layers, and... so on.
im looking for videos that show a project that describe detials of layout and tell the reasons.

BIG Questions... need to be more specific, to give an idea here is my answer to someone asking how many "layers should his design should have?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…