Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

standard format for transferring image from microcontroller to a computer via USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

abolfazlk873

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
standard format for transfering image from microcontroller to computer via USB

hi everyone
i am working on stm32f4 discovery board and i need to building webcam with that and interfacing it to a computer via USB. at this point i am confused which standard format for transferring image and videos is needed because i can't writing any driver and application for computer windows.

i need to know the standard format for transport images to computer and showing that images in an standard or usual application in computer.
Any help is appreciated.

If this goal is to conclude, all of source and schematics are attached finally.:-o

Re: standard format for transfering image from microcontroller to computer via USB

There are standard format for still images and video, e.g. JPEG and MPEG compression, also standard USB device classes that might be recognized by a Windows PC without specific drivers. You can e.g. refer to the USB Video Class 1.5 specification.

Re: standard format for transfering image from microcontroller to computer via USB

thanks for your response,
ok, i write the microcontroller program relevant to usb video class,
but in the computer i don't know which program can receive the stream of video transmitted from microcontroller to the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.