Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stabilizing networks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what circuits, networks or stages need components to stabilize them. Designers put diodes to stabilize the bias and temperature for transistors. How do you tell when looking at a schematic which components are for stabilizing, stabilizing the bias and stabilizing the temperature to prevent thermal runaway or bias drifting. I have seen complementary power amplifiers use diodes to prevent thermal runaway and bias stabilized. I'm not sure what these stabilizing circuits are called.

Designers put diodes to stabilize the bias and temperature for transistors

I would say that putting resistors in series with transistors emitters brings a better stabilization on bias current.

At first, it is important to decide which properties of an electronic device are to be "stabilized".
However, in general one can say that - in most cases - stabilization is achieved using negative feedback (common example: emitter resistor in BJT amplifier stages)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back