Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spice model file interchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax747

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am simulating a circuit with netlist.I have l=45nm and using bsim3 version model file,

My doubt is if i change the model file to bsim4 or else some other model files, does this has anything to do with the l value ? Can i use any advanced model file from PTM ??

The model file must match the process technology, i.e. you can use any advanced model file from PTM for the 45nm process.

Hi,

Process node info will be available in model file ?? sometimes it is mentioned in PTM but how come we know for other model files? I mean for which tech node these parameters are designed for ??

Process node info will be available in model file ?? sometimes it is mentioned in PTM but how come we know for other model files? I mean for which tech node these parameters are designed for ??

Usually it's not directly stated in the model file. But you can derive it from the tox (or toxp) parameter in the first lines of a model file, if you know the relationship between process size and thin oxide thickness. You can find this relationship in several scientific papers, as, e.g.
Klaas Bult: Analog Design in Deep Sub-Micron CMOS
Here's a snippet from its first page with such relationship. Lmin is identical to the process size, Tox is given in [Å] units:
process_size_and_its_parameters.png

Status
Not open for further replies.