Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPI speed problem on PIC32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not clear what you have done when you say you removed the "#ifdef" - does that mean you removed the whole section to the matching "#else" and also the matching "#endif"?
Susan
Yes I did it. The resultant integer.h have this form:

Code:
/* This type MUST be 8 bit */
typedef unsigned char        BYTE;

/* These types MUST be 16 bit */
typedef short                        SHORT;
typedef unsigned short        WORD;
typedef unsigned short        WCHAR;

/* These types MUST be 16 bit or 32 bit */
typedef int                                INT;
typedef unsigned int        UINT;

/* These types MUST be 32 bit */
typedef long                        LONG;
typedef unsigned long        DWORD;
But still doesn't work.
However, looking at the original integer.h, I can't explain why my compiler go inside the #endif "_WIN32". At the begin of the compilation I didn't give it a command, so I think the compiler should have skip this endif and go to the else, ignoring windows.h and tchar.h.

What I sometimes do is to add a #error directive into the source files to make sure that something like this is actually being read. When you recompile the source, you should get the compiler displaying your error message which confirms that it has done what you expected it to do. On the other hand, if you don't get the error message then can start to track down why not!
If you are using tools such as 'make' then you might also request a verbose output to see exactly what is being recompile and also the full command lines so you can see if there is a definition of a preprocessor symbol that you are not expecting.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.