Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPI Interface - need information on the slave system

Status
Not open for further replies.

calculus_cuthbert

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
SPI Interface

Hi,

I am new to interface protocols. And I am more of a analog/ mixed signal designer. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

I have a design which i need to interface with an ADC having a SPI interface. According to SPI protocol, a master SPI can talk to a slave SPI.

So in order to talk to the ADC do i need to design a slave SPI. I don't know what is involved in designing a SPI or how it is done.

Could someone please let me know

Thanks

SPI Interface

Surely the ADC is a SPI slave, so you have to design a master. How to do it depends on your hardware platform (e.g. programmable logic device, processor, discrete logic). Generally a shift register and a clock source is involved, also a counter for the required number of data bits respectively clock cycles. I assume, that you get sufficient information about the required waveforms from your ADC's data sheet.

SPI Interface

Hi FvM,

For me my design is the slave and the ADC is the master..

can i realize the SPI with logic gates?

if yes.. could you please give me more detail on how it can be done...

thank you

SPI Interface

Hi calculus_cuthbert..!

What is the design u r talking about ?
I mean what is the slave system like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back