Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPI data communication between two chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyvictor

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I am working on a project which requires me to get the data from a EEG Front End chip named ADS1298 and transmit the data in a digital form.

I realised that I need a microcontroller (MSP430 F2274) to get access to ADS1298, and this requires a SPI connection between the MSP430 and ADS1298.

I have done some research before I posted this in order to show that I am not that lazy enough to get answer from people. However, my lack of programming micro-controller prevents me to understand the work, and this is all I know so far:

1. 4 hard wire connection between ADS1298 and MSP430 for MISO, MOSI, CLK and CS respectively.

2. for MSP430, set it to master and initialise the ports

3. somehow I need a code to read the data from ADS1298.

My question is what exactly do I need to do in order to read the data from the ADS1298? if there is any C code will be so helpful.

and if I have to initialise my slave ADS1298, how can I do it? since it is not a micro-controller, so my knowledge tells me I cannot program it (directly)
thanks in advance.

ADS1298

MSP430F2274

Last edited:

you first read the manual properly and then try to implement , here spi require four wires for the independent master and slave communication, 1st you implement the master and then implement the slave, then connect wires between master and slave...........

if you read the section "SETTING THE DEVICE FOR BASIC DATA CAPTURE" in the ADS1298 manual it tells the steps you need to go thru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back