Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speicification of Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheik248

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

I have downloaded the Op-AMP based filter + AMP for sub-woofer. How i can calculate the rating of Speaker. If anybody have opamp based high power woofer amp circuit please share an along with speaker specification.

Thankls

A good speaker has a continuous RMS power rating and a much higher momentary peak power rating.
Cheap speakers have lies instead of true power ratings.

If anybody have opamp based high power woofer amp circuit please share an along with speaker specification.

Hi sheik248

i've designed many of these circuits and i can share you some of them too . how much is your required power and how about impedance of your woofer ? tell me your required specifications then i'll send you a proper and easy circuit .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Usually a speaker is selected first, then an amplifier circuit is designed or found to drive it.

Usually an amplifier is being designed for ability of handling numerous speakers and then being used ! ( like what many of the companies are doing )

Best Luck
Goldsmith

Is this sub-woofer going to be used in your bedroom or in a dance hall? Do you listen to string quartets or church organ recitals? :) The bass content of each are very different. Because of the mechanics of moving a large quantity of air at low frequencies, you will need a big loudspeaker (greater then 8 inches diameter, 18 inches is better) and so it will already come rated for for more then 20 watts which would match a main amp of 50W per channel. Make sure the rating is 20 W RMS, not music/peak power/peak music power or what ever the snake oil salesman is selling.
Frank

Reactions: bsprajc

bsprajc

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks Bro for your Reply,

Actually I dont know about sepcification. I want to build power woofer system[500W/750W] . Please help me with circuits

A woofer rated at this power is an industrial device, suited to pop concerts. I think by the time you have invested the capital into buying the 5 or 6 proper speakers in cabinets and their amplifiers, the bass filtering preamp will come out of your loose change.
Frank

want to build power woofer system[500W/750W

Hi
Are you joking ? real 750 watt audio amplifier ? i suspect that you can find such an unusual speaker easily and i don't think that you easily can by a real 750 watt speaker . have you heard of PMPO or such things as a power for commercial speakers ? many of them are lie and not the truth for more understanding i can lead you through an example , a real 750 watt speaker can easily destroy your ear as t can't be recoverable .

Good Luck
Goldsmith

I have a powerful 18" speaker that is rated at 900W RMS continuously. Its magnet is heavy and HUGE. Two of them in a pretty big ported enclosure were driven by an 1800W RMS amplifier in the large demo room at work and the music sounded very good. My hearing and the windows survived.

My old car came with a 10" sub-woofer driven by a 150W RMS amplifier and it also sounded very good.

The speakers played music, not continuous tones so my hearing survived.

I can't remember how much my sub-woofer 18" speaker cost because I bought it at a clearance discount at work (a Pro audio manufacturer).
I never played it because I was planning to sell it to a dumbo who has an extremely loud sound system in his car.

My headphones do not accommodate a full wavelength at 20Hz but 20Hz from them is loud and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.