Not open for further replies.

jwh

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Folks,

I'm building a large structure in HFSS with thousands of periodically-placed lumped RLC boundary conditions. I can't use the eigenmode-solver and a smaller section of the structure because (1) it's an open structure, and (2) the distribution of the R, L, and C of the boundary conditions changes spatially.

I have a script that actually builds the rectangle, selects them, and assigns the BC (along with the current direction line). T

he issue is that during the build, HFSS slows to a crawl, requiring minutes to build a single BC. The modeler reports a progress bar with "Update UI data-RUNNING, Initialize viewing and picking data..."

Any ideas on how to speed this up?

Regards,
J

Is there any way to suppress the UI re-drawing the model after each BC (or object) is created?

-J

I don't believe there is any way to suppress redrawing. Also, you probably don't have enough memory to calculate anything useful. Such is the limit of field simulators.

I am not sure whether this might help - Try unchecking the option Do Autosave under Tools > Options > General

I don't believe there is any way to suppress redrawing. Also, you probably don't have enough memory to calculate anything useful. Such is the limit of field simulators.

SLK001 -- I don't believe this is the case. The machine I'm using (RHEL) has 512GB of RAM. The process that's building the model is using less than 15GB of RAM.

-J

I am not sure whether this might help - Try unchecking the option Do Autosave under Tools > Options > General

I will give this a try. I've noted that if, prior to executing the script that builds the BCs, if I hide all the solids in the model in all views, the script is able to execute much more quickly (I'd say almost 100% faster). It still begins to slow down as the number of created BCs grows...

-J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…