Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speed control of servo motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinesh401

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can you tel how to rotate the shaft of a servo motor slowly or fastly to the desired angle...

i understood how to rotate i.e by sending continuous train of pulses. but i can't rotate with my required speed. what to change in my c program. give me an example.

Hi Dinesh,

First of which servo motor you are using .....if it is stepper motor....as stepper motor is one type of servo motor

There are two ways at least I know by which you can control the speed of the stepper motor

1) After every step in the servo motor control .....there is dealy between the steps .....if you control or change that dealy .....you can control the speed of your motor......

2) If you are using let say four pole stepper motor and applying sequec for A B C D like 1000,0100,0010 and 0001 for single step operation you can make it double where you need to do sequece like 1100, 0110,0011 and 1001 for two step operation.....

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.