Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spectrogram - axis & energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharath1160

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am doing research in audio processing. I have been asked to count the number of rain drops in a given audio recording. I need your precious help for the following 2 questions

1) While I was obtaining the spectrograms for the individual chunks that I created, I am getting the resulting spectrograms to be like thin strips and I had to manually zoom in to see the actual spectrogram.
Is there any code to enlarge the vertical axis of the spectrogram to make it clearly visible. Your help will be much appreciated.

2) I am able to calculate the energy of the spectrogram for individual chunks and set a threshold to obtain the count of rain drops. I need to do this for every chunk and get the energy over the entire 20 min recording.

P.S : The 20 min recording is divided into 120 chunks with 10sec interval.

I am really confused with the loop statement that does this.

Can someone help me with the loops in matlab to obtain the energy over the entire 20 min recording

Thanks in advance,
Sharath

Status
Not open for further replies.