Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speakjet ic interface with pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh1987

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI
I have got speakjet ic to interface with pic controller in order to speak. But for testing, when i connect it with pc for the schematic shown in speakjet datasheet im not getting any sound for the input given from phrasealator software which is for speakjet ic. send me any schematic for getting speech output when i give input from pc also send any sample code to interface it with pic , Im using ccs compiler.. here is my schematic..
View attachment sch.bmp

also tell me how to connect between max232, speakjet ic and DB9 connector..

regards

Do you want to connect MAX232 between SpeakJet and PC? If yes, then connect the MAX232 output Tx to SpeakJext TTL i/p. and Connect MAX232 i/p Rx to PC through D connector. If you just want to connect SpeakJet to MCU then you don't need to connect Tx pin of MCU to SpeakJet TTL Serial i/p pin.

I have tried with different possibilities for connection between them,if possible tell me with pin number of all three . also tell me how to give input from pc using phrasealator software..

Attachments

• speakjet_max232.jpg
    speakjet_max232.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

i have given same connection as in datasheet,but i used DB9 male pin and connected capacitor from pin 2 of max232 to pin 16. and i used pin 8 and 9 in max 232.. when i press button in phraselator software sound is not comming, i dontknow how to make speakjet ic to speak.. tell me procedure to get speech output when i give input from pc using that software. here is speakjet ic datasheet...
http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Components/General/speakjet-usermanual.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back