Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sources in same direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicsman

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am bit confused when you say the sources are in same direction or opposite direction. I assume that if the currents are in the same direction then they are is same direction for example i have drawn below. Is it correct?
1602906514304.png

Suppose if it is relatively complex circuit, still we can classify the sources in same direction or opposite direction? And in the case of AC sources if the sources are in opposite direction, does it mean they are phase shifted by 180 Degrees?

BT1 and BT2 are in same direction.

BT3 and BT4 are in opposite direction.

BT5 and BT6 are in opposite direction, relative to the load. Their currents subtract.

In case of voltage sources, the voltage polarity counts, not the current polarity. You can e.g. parallel two batteries with slightly different voltage and get an equalising current which charges one and discharges the other battery.

Batteries BT5 and BT6 short out each other with a very high current while R3 current is nothing if the batteries are identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back