Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Source separation problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

areche

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm new in this forum and I thank you in advance for your help.

My problem is the following. I have a couple of signals (X, Y) and I want to separate the two sources that compose it (X1,Y1) and (X2,Y2).

I know that (X1,Y1) has low frequencies from 0 to ~3500Hz and that (X2,Y2) has frequencies in between 3000Hz and 7000Hz.

I already tried filtering the original signals using Butterworth and Chebyshev filters which work quite well although the sources are not as clean as I expected. I guess because of the overlap of the two of them.

I know that the source (X1,Y1) has a curious property, the norm of every couple of values of this source is always 1.

My questions is the following. Is it possible to design a new filter that takes into account this curious property and separates the sources as a whole system where X and Y are not completely independent.

Thank you very much,

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back