Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soundcard as an Oscilloscope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppelin

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
oscilloscope soundcard

I intend to use my soundcard as an oscilloscope. Anybody with first hand experinece? I'm especially looking for the input-protection circuitry.

While I was searching the forum, I came across **broken link removed** post.

Cedance:
yeah... when u use the software desired for running or simulating the function of Oscilloscope there is a high risk of ur sound card getting damaged... i have heard this too. I also have heard the video card also might go off.. u have to watch very carefully reg. teh signal frequency etc.. the thresholds are to be maintained.. since they are nt getting simulated but attaining the o/ps from real hardware.. u have to be doubly careful!

/Am

:?: :?: What is the 'frequency minimum threshold problem' about?
As far as I know, you will only damage the soundcard, if you apply voltages higher than the maximum allowable input; I don't see frequency playing any role here, Am I missing something?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi
yes, you can use sound card as oscilloscope but max freq must be less than 20k and amplitude of signal bust be limited (-1v<A<1v).
see matlab oscilloscopeit can help you.
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back