Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sound on SD card, playing it back through an amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiks

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sound on SD card

Recently I was looking for a chip to record sound. I came across a chip ISD1700. This chip can store 60sec of sound at a sampling rate of 8khz. This then got me thinking. Is there any way of recording sound on an SD card and then playing it back through an amplifier (like an LM386) and speaker? An SD card will hold much more. I haven't a clue as to where to start with something like this. Has anyone done this and if so how is it done? I apologise if this is not the right forum for this question. I haveposted this question on the electro-tech-online forum as well.

Re: Sound on SD card

I hope you have some idea about MSP's. Here series of DIY record and playback from SD card at 16khz sampling.
Code:
http://www.diylife.com/2008/05/16/record-audio-with-the-msp430-microcontroller-pt-3/
There is nearly 6 parts of this article search forum for all
regards

Re: Sound on SD card

Thank you very much. Haven't a clue about MSPs, but will definitely have a look!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back