Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sound file quantization in Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

techspeaks

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
AoA to ALL!
I want to read a sound file in matlab, and set the sampling frequency to 8K. and represent each sample in 8-bits. play the result and also plot the frequency spectrum. i expect the spectrum should be from 0 to 4khz. plz tell me how to do all these in MATLAB.

simple & early reply is required.

Re: quantization

u can do it so....

Y = wavread('file name');
Fs=8000;
N=8;
wavwrite(Y, Fs, N,'modified');
wavplay('modified')

best regards,

quantization

u can use the wavread command to read the file
and wavplay to play the wav file
note in the above two methods u can change the bits/sample and sampling frequency. but i suggest u to use a wav file which is sampled at 8k si that u can get a nice output.
as a wave file is a digitized oneu cannot quantize it again u can increase or decrease the resolution of bits/sample and if u increase a 8 bit/sample to 16 bit/sample tha sample will be zero padded to make it 16 bits wherin u don't expect any sound quality improvemet

regards
srinivas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back