Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Something i need to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrice

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Well my problem stated when i had my vhdl code up and running on my Spartan-3a but needed to send and receive data from it to the pc,
I need my vhdl code , so i went for a microplaze structure , problem is I cant understand how will my vhdl code and microblaze co-exist at the same time because every time i program fpga with SDK it deletes my vhdl off the fpga and vise versa with ISE, I dont want to use custom peripherals except if this is the only solution.
Some people just tell me to just use microblaze hdl files produced by edk , OK but then arent I using an unprogrrammed MicroBlaze???
And do i need to go throght all of this just to be able to communicate with my vhdl code through pc(NO I CANT USE R232 since i need a speed of 56Mbit/sec)

So here is what i don't understand:
1-IF you implemented microblaze through hardware(HDL from edk to ISE) , isnt it then an un-proggrammed processor?

2-pEOPLE TELL ME i can let microblaze and my vhdl code see each other through GPIO , again how will i implement GPIO and how to connect it to both microblaze and my vhdl code , and how to program microblaze while it in hardware in this situation.

Please any help , its kinda a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back