Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some one tell me that 1 not equal 2 . It true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OOP

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to solution ?

muruga86 said:
do you mean
if(1 != 2)
//true
else
//false
No ,I mean in the mathermatical

Is it a joke like
sin x ÷ n = six

your question is unclear , please kindly elabrate your question with an example?

maybe you mean the classic proof using beginning algebra presented here with an explanation of the fallacy?

hxxp://www.math.toronto.edu/mathnet/falseProofs/first1eq2.html

cherrytart said:
maybe you mean the classic proof using beginning algebra presented here with an explanation of the fallacy?

hxxp://www.math.toronto.edu/mathnet/falseProofs/first1eq2.html

yeah.. i think he meant that sort of stuff... thou, a=b implies a-b is 0... and i remember yet another 1... it goes like this...

1 = 1
2 = 1 + 1 ( 2 times)
3 = 1 + 1 + 1 (3 times)
4 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ( 4times)
similiarly, x = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1.... x times

now differentiating...

d/dx(x) = 1 = 0+0+0+0+... x times..
=> 1 = 0 <=> 2 = 1

good luck....
/cedance :)

differentiating is just calculating the rate of change. Two quantities that change at an equal rate are not necessary equal.

Hi,

(x²-x²)=(x²-x²)
(x-x)(x+x)=x(x-x) /(x-x)
(x+x)=x
2x=x /x
2=1 false

:) :) :)

Again a fallcy. When both sides of the equation become zero or infinite, no further algebra can take place. It is like saying
0 = 0
1 * 0 = 2 * 0
therefore 1 = 2.
Same is the case when you work with infinite.

1*0 = 2*0 = 0

=> either 1=2 or 0 = 0 but 0=0 so 1!=2

techie said:
differentiating is just calculating the rate of change. Two quantities that change at an equal rate are not necessary equal.

hi,

could u spot me an example, a function f(x) where its differential is not equal to the differentiation result... in my view, when y = f(x), then dy/dx is equal to df(x)/dx.... and is not the other way and so do we say a "constant"

that is only when we reverse the steps... when dy/dx = df(x)/dx then y is not necessarily equal to f(x) .... when diferentiating, always LHS is equal to RHS! the proof i gave is obviously wrong for different reasons.. :)

/cedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back