Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solving inverse kinematics with neural network

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilheart

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i am a fourth year communication and electronics student ,

but my graduation project is linked with robotics , in one pat of our project we should control a lynxmotion AL5D arm with control signals from a laptop , and as we can't do this with the arm controller , we decided to make our own.

the problem we need to make the inverse kinematic model of the arm , but we are not very good in mechanics , and we don't want to waste time learning something somehow away from our field , and difficult in the same time !!!!

, so we decided to use neural networks to implement the inverse kinematics model , it's better for real time applications , and may even be implemented on a microcontroller.

our idea was to train the network virtually using matlab , then we take the weights and implement the network in C or C++.

we made the forward kinematics model for the arm , and use it to get the training data for the network.

The idea isn't new , but the resources and papers i found was not that clear about the problems that had encountered them.

the problem is performance now , Matlab nftool gives performance (mean square error) that can reach 700 or 500 !!!!!!!
it uses levenberg-marquardt training.

its our first time to work with neural networks ,
so if someone has tried this before , or have an idea about using neural networks in control , any hint or help will be appreciated !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.