Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solution for a microcontroller chip that measures velocity

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaykumar988

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to design a mircocontroller chip to measure the velocity of a moving body without any physical contact to the body whatsoever ? could you please send me the codes to the following email address collective.ajayat gmail.com
thanks in advance

who can solve this ?

what exactly u need. u can go for ir Tx and Rx type of circuit, or else if u need a device with no two terminals u have to go for radar technology.
kindly explain ur project with more detail

Re: who can solve this ?

Erodeboy suggestion about IR Tx/Rx is a good idea, but I prefer the RADAR method.

Search the net for Ultrasonic Transceivers. you will also find ready projects using discrete logic. you can get the ideas behind these projects and implement it in yours.

Regards.

You can use a wireless INS/GPS module which now a days is commonly available. you can then interface your micro wirelessly with this module to tap the velocity.

who can solve this ?

If you want to make something together quickly, you could use an ultrasonic rangefinder and take a difference of 2 consecutive measurements.

https://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R145-SRF08.html

But of course, there is a couple of things that you forgot to mention in your original question:
- What's the max speed?
- What's the max distance to the object?

Why not using doppler effect ?!

The principal advantage is that it lets very precise measurements, but it's hardier to make than others circuits.

you can use the basic sequential circuit to calculate the time and then use an EPROM to store the velocities.

Added after 5 minutes:

you can refer to the web sites like epanorama.net

ajaykumar988 said:
i need to design a mircocontroller chip to measure the velocity of a moving body without any physical contact to the body whatsoever ? could you please send me the codes to the following email address collective.ajayat gmail.com
thanks in advance

Hey
I just sent you the complete design and the code..

I hope you can use it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.