Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solution for 4-20mA/0-20mA loops

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjalps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
0-20ma loop

Hello!

Does anyone now for best solution about receiver and transciver for upper mentioned loops. To convert current signal into voltage and reverse.

Best regards!

xtr105 0-20ma

Hi tjalps

I do not know if this helps you but you can check
AD421 from analog and

1234://focus.ti.com/docs/browse/productnavigation.jhtml?familyId=508&tfsection=products&templateId=3

xtr 0-20ma

Hello!

Thanks for your reply, but I now this IC's. Are there any cheaper aplication?

Regards!

you may try xtr1xx (xtr101, xtr103, xtr104, xtr105,...) from burr-brown to convert voltage to current and using rcv420 also from burr-brown to convert current to voltage.

just becareful that some of the xtr model had obsolated, please go to their site and find it out. good luck.

wisely77

check MAXIM design guide **broken link removed** there is very interesting idea for 4-20, or 0-20mA source, different from AD421 and XTRs. I think it could help you. there are a lot of solutions with this ideas, I use MAX535 and it is much chaper!!!

regards
KamW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back