Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solinide Feed back - no voltage drop when solenoid is off

Status
Not open for further replies.

narithota

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Solinide Feed back

Hay

I need feed back from the solenoids (24V, 300mA) whether they are switched ON/OFF, I am switching the solenoids using micro controller & IRF510
I kept a resister 1 ohm across the Source to ground and giving the voltage drop to the comparator (non inverting terminal of the LM324) and comparing with ground Point (inverting terminal of the LM324 connected to the ground).
Whenever solenoid is switched ON there will be voltage drop and LM324 output switch ON the LED.this led is gives the feedback of the solinide
but Whenever solenoid is switched off there is no voltage drop, both terminals(+ve,-ve) of the LM324 at ground potential, at this point LM324 is comparing the ground potentials and giving the un proper outputs
Please give the some suggestions.

Regards
nari

Solinide Feed back

Set a small positive voltage level (~100mV) to the inverting input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back