Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solar tracker easy way

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom444

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
this is a very easy two axis solar tracker using the L298N dual H bridge board small mistake on diagram photo diodes are upside down but correct on board and 470uf and 100n go to ground. the board mounts above the driver board with 3mm rod.

tracker v11.jpg

--- Updated ---

corrected circuit diagram
corrected.jpg

Last edited:

Hi,

* no description
* incomplete schematic
* wrong connection
* no bill of materials
* missing and wrongly set junction dots

I personally think that it won't work properly at low light level...and even at high light level it can't follow with somehow good accuracy.
It at least needs some adjustment that an unexperienced user can't do without description.

Thus I assume
* an experienced member won't use this circuit
* and a non experienced member will not get satisfying results .... just wastes time and money.

Here in this forum we want to assist users by providing good, complete and reliable informations.
If you want this thread to stay online you really should correct errors and add a good description.

Klaus

Really amazing work, I like this idea. Please do make a video after completing this project. We all want to see this work.

It may be some strange property of local geology but where I live the days are always 24 hours long. It makes it fairly easy to make a tracker because the relative position of the Sun is very predictable.

What happens on that design once it has found the Sun, does it leave the motor driver running continuously? And what does it do at Sunrise if the last position it tracked was in the opposite direction?

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back