Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solar pannel system help

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdulwahababid

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,
I'm going to build up a setup of solar panel system at my home to reduce the units consumption. I want to divide part of my house load on solar panel permanently

(req 50 and 220v supply in my area)

2KVA modified sine wave inverter 12 to 220v ac
120AH 12v dry battery
solar panels of about 1kw

kindly tell me,is this combination is right for

8 ceiling fans(60-100watt each)
20 enegy savers of 25 watt each
i

how much kw will inverter provide?

The fans have a total of 800kVA at full load (at 100watt per one).
And the bulb has a total of 500watt.
So the inverter is small for the house, but about 1.5kVA inverter will be good for the house.

Hello Everyone,
I'm going to build up a setup of solar panel system at my home to reduce the units consumption. I want to divide part of my house load on solar panel permanently

120AH 12v dry battery

i

What is "energy saver" ? CFL Light Bulb ? Replace that with LED based bulbs.

All depends what working time you need for this load.

Capabilities of inverter device is located in product specification.

Battery is deep cycle or starter ? I will say you need more Ah.

Best regards,
Peter

:wink:

Hello Everyone,

120AH 12v dry battery

i

Max. load is 1300w,your 2kva inverter is ok for the load but you need more 120AH and solar penel if you want to use it all the time.120AH =1440wh DOD = 0.75 .I want to known the daylight and night periods so that i can calculate the size of pv module and battery size.

Last edited:

Keep in mind that lead acid deep cycle type of batteries have declared battery capacity for C/20 discharge time. Compared with that starter type have C/10. Also minimal allowed voltage during discharge process its different deep cycle minimum voltage is 10,5V and starter battery have 11,99V.

Best regards,
Peter

Max. load is 1300w,your 2kva inverter is ok for the load but you need more 120AH and solar penel if you want to use it all the time.120AH =1440wh DOD = 0.75 .I want to known the daylight and night periods so that i can calculate the size of pv module and battery size.

Dear Kyrietec,

Could you please explain how to calculate required Solar Pannel Wattage, Battery, and Inverter VA. Do we have any formula to calculate, if so please provide which is helpful for many how are planning for solar Inverters.

Thanking You,
Ravi Kumar G.

Individual solar modules which are measured in watts have a particular voltage and particular amperage. Generally a solar module with 40 volts and 5 amps, which is called a 200- watt module can produce 200 watts of electricity in direct sunlight.

It would be a great idea if introduce a solar micro inverter with solar battery charging facility. so there will be minimum intervention of utilization of power.
when there is solar and not using it can be charged to the battery and if the load is available it will be directly converted to AC so that the conversion will be efficient.

Hi!

I think it is better to maintain 2.0kVA inverter for the house. A solar module with 40 volts and 5 amps, which is called a 200- watt module can produce 200 watts of electricity in direct sunlight. But, before going to build up the solar panel for your home, it is very important to get complete idea about the **broken link removed** and its working. And, as anand003 said, it is good idea to introduce a solar micro inverter with solar battery charging facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back