Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Software for VOIP line interfacing using a modem with PSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
V*O@I$P line interface

hello friends,
I've been wondering if there is any software that would be able to receive data from a V#O^I*P program like S*K%Y&P@E and interface it using a modem with a PSTN line... in other words, a software to make Long Distance Calls unsing a local host turning this LDC into local ones using a V*O&I#P software and a modem.
any ideas?
regards,

Re: V*O@I$P line interface

there is a possible solution:

first of all you have to make an application which hook ring skype, and manage the calls. For dialing you have to use callto script...

as hardware, take a look at one of the available solution on the net:
h**p://www.tjnet.com/solutions/usb_to_rj11_adaptor.htm

is not a very simpe task but is less dificults like other... ;)

hope this help,
//a

Re: V*O@I$P line interface

hello,
the point is... in the computer there is already a phone line interface card... the fax/modem.... so the point is to get the audio from S&K%Y*P#E and send it througt the modem... and vice-versa... are there any scripts or API's to manage the modem (off-hook, dial, etc) and to determine from where the modem's audio will come????
regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back