Status
Not open for further replies.

sonupk

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anybody tell me, How we can restrict the encounter to route with metal1 only horizontal direction.
I am facing the problem in metal1 routing. at some places encounter routes metal1 vertically. i need the metal1 routing in horizontal direction only.

The simple way is defined this in technology LEF file.

Reactions: sonupk

sonupk

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The simple way is defined this in technology LEF file.
thanks jirika
direction of metal1 which is horizontal, defined in LEF file. when i restrict the encounter to route with metal1 by choosing the option trial root - use metal1, encounter route using metal1 but at some places metal1 roots are vertical. As the roots of metal1 is vertical it means that overlapping with power lines. Now i want to know, how i can restrict the encounter do the routing using metal1 only horizontal.

... i restrict the encounter to route with metal1 ...
... how i can restrict the encounter do the routing using metal1 only horizontal.

You can't. Simply because it's not possible, if you don't allow for another metal layer or direction.

Reactions: sonupk

sonupk

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You can't. Simply because it's not possible, if you don't allow for another metal layer or direction.

ok, i am using all the metals (metal1, metal2, metal3, and metal4). the route of metal1 is vertical at some places, after specifying it is horizontal in LEF file. now i want to restrict the tool routing of metal1 is only in horizontal direction. Routing of other metals (metal2 metal3 and metal4) are correct.

Did you allow "vertical" for metal2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…