Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Snubber Circuit - how to build them ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vauxdvihl

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
non dissipative snubber pfc

Does anybody have some experience with designing a Snubber Circuit and how to build them ??
I need one for a Boost Converter (fs=100kHZ, I~20-30A) !!

Thank you very much

Here is a place to start .....

**broken link removed**

Hi

You can take a look here:

XYZ.pcbcafe.com/BOOKS/SMPS/
h??p://henry.fbe.fh-darmstadt.de/smps_e/smps_e.asp

I do not know if this was you meant.

Good luck

Hello,

What do you need to snub? The boost converter clamps into the output. If you looking for a "snubber" to reduce turn-on losses, you might look at Unitrode's (TI's) PFC data sheets and app notes for active snubber information or if you don't mind burning power, a small inductor in series with the switch with a reset resistor and diode across it might help. Good Luck.

Unitrode has a GREAT summary article in the design seminar stuff on active and passive snubbers. The non-dissipative stuff is awkward at first, but just use the same thinking as you would for a commutation circuit in examining their function and you'll get the idea. The small current in the L's means you can usually get away w/a standard/cheap L that keeps the cost and space reasonable to implement.

Regards,
VT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back