Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMS Message change from modem to my mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_shyam1682

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,

I have one GSM modem and when i send SMS from modem to My mobile using AT+CMGS=91234XXXXX command and Message = !@#$%^&* then message character change when SMS reach to my mobile

To solve this problem i want to use UCS2 format in modem but i don't know how to use UCS2 format to send SMS.

Please help me to send SMS using UCS2 format.

Regards,

Hi,

This problem arise due to character set mismatch. I am use ASCII character set to create SMS message and send to GSM modem but modem internally use GSM character set and change all character accordingly.

Please help me, how to overcome this problem.

Check if your hyperterminal program working ok or not?

What is your baud rate selection?

Try to send msg with text method.
Switch first your modem to text mode from pdu or any other mode and then send "ABCD" and what kind of characters received at mobile?

Hi Friend,

My GSM modem connect with Microcontroller and I create SMS message in Microcontroller and send to GSM modem. All are work properly and also SMS send and receive properly.
Problem with only selected character like @$^|\... change in SMS message. All alphanumerical character goes properly.
I also know that where is problem, Problem is that i use ACSII character set to create SMS message and Modem internally use GSM character set to send SMS.

my problem is that i don't know how to overcome this mismatch between character set. Can i use UCS2 character set to send SMS?, How?

Regards,

How did you send special characters?

Like " transmit('@') " or " transmit(0x40) " ??

Hi Briez,

Thanks for reply, but if you know how SMS send using UCS2 character set then tell me. Because the project which is discuss here is professional project (modem) and already thousands of modem are work in field, there is no any problem of '@' or 0x40.

Regards,

Hello Friend,

Anybody know how to send SMS from Modem in PDU format. What kind of AT command set is used to send SMS in PDU mode.

Regards,

Look at this tutorial,

PDU mode is described into this..

Attachments

• GSM module to AVR_ Atmel.pdf
    247.6 KB · Views: 83

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back